If you’re like me, and I would like to think a lot of people, you love a good weeknight meal that’s quick, delicious, and comes together in about 30 minutes. I mean, who wouldn’t right?! That’s exactly what this 30 Minute Pepper Steak is. Juicy strips of steak with green bell peppers in a light beef sauce served over white rice. Do I have your attention yet?
I remember growing up with pepper steak as a pretty regular meal in our house. Either it was my mom or my grandma (aka Grammie) who would make it. It was such a simple dish, and heck, maybe that’s why I loved it so much as a kid.
I won’t lie, but I’m pretty sure that this year is the first time I ever actually tried to make it myself. And, as I find myself in my third trimester now, the desire to want to spend hours in the kitchen at night (especially on a weeknight) are fading fast. But, I do still love cooking and being in the kitchen, so that’s why this 30 minute version of pepper steak was totally up my alley. Now if only I felt the same about doing the dishes. Heeeyyy, hubby… 😉😉
So, I’m going to make this post pretty short and sweet because I mean, you need to get to cooking! Let me leave you with just a few reasons why you should add this to your weeknight meal plan. This 30 minute pepper steak recipe is:
With that all being said, go get to cookin’ and let us know what you think!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb steak, cut into thin strips
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Season steak to taste with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add steak and cook until just browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Turn down heat to medium and add peppers.
- Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce and butter and turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes uncovered.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and a splash of water. Add to pan along with the steak.
- Mix well and simmer on low until desired thickness. About 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds and black pepper
- My favorite type of steak to use for this is flank steak but feel free to use any sort of lean steak cut into strips.
- Calories: 287, Protein: 27 g, Fat: 16 g, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 2 g, Sodium: 629 mg, Saturated Fat: 6 g