Lets talk about opposites. Hard and easy. Quick and slow. Short and long. These opposites all perfectly contrast the two activities of my weekend. The first task, testing out a new recipe for Banana Chocolate Pops, no big deal. The second task, finally painting my master bathroom, backbreaking.
So let’s start with the hard stuff first. I’ve been putting off the job of painting my master bath for, hmm, maybe three years. There were a few reasons for this, aside from the fact that it was a totally daunting job. First of all, my husband kind of liked the current paint job. Second of all, you could tell the previous owner put a ton of work into it and loved it. Third of all, there are so many corners, nooks, crannies, and tight spaces in that bathroom it would make even a seasoned painter cringe.
I had no plans this weekend, and I knew there was nothing going on, so alas, I bit the bullet and started the job. Between taping, cutting, rolling and cleaning, I spent about 24 hours total. 😱 As I was cleaning, I realized I missed a spot under my vanity and simply decided that must wait until tomorrow. I didn’t trust myself to get the paint back out with how worn out I was feeling.
Now for something easy! These Banana Chocolate Pops. All you need is a blender or food processor, 4 ingredients, some popsicle molds and a freezer! I often miscalculate my banana needs when I am at the grocery store, resulting in having a few too many slightly over ripe ones. Luckily, slightly over ripe bananas are perfect for this recipe (and our banana bread 🍌)! Not only are these pops super easy to make, they are a relatively healthy sweet treat. Lots of potassium from the bananas and some healthy fat from the almond butter make up these pops- with only a small amount of dark chocolate added for fun.
Now it’s time to go rest, put my feet up, and enjoy a guilt free Banana Chocolate Pop!
P.S. Looking for more popsicle recipes? Check out our Mango Coconut Popsicles for another tasty summer treat!
- 1 1/4 oz dark chocolate
- 3 medium, over-ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- Chill chocolate in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Crush/chop chocolate to desired size.
- Cut bananas into chunks. Blend with milk and almond butter in blender or food processor. Add a tablespoon more milk if needed.
- Stir in majority of chocolate chunks into banana mixture. Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Save a few of the chocolate chunks to sprinkle on at the end to result in an even distribution.
- Place molds in freezer. Serve once solid!
- In order to get them out of the molds, run them under warm water to loosen and gently pull them out.
- Calories: 139, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 6.5 g, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 11 g, Sodium: 25 mg, Saturated Fat: less than 1 g