The 2017-18 school year is in full swing! Can you believe it?! Working within the school system, I know how crazy this time can be- for teachers, parents and anyone impacted by the extra traffic! Quick and easy dinners are an absolute must during this time.
If I know anything, I know what kids like to eat. It’s my job, after all. The one thing that consistently rules them all is of course, pizza🍕. This BBQ Chicken Flatbread is the perfect way to mix up your typical pizza dinner. It’s really perfect to make this the day after you make something with chicken breast (or rotisserie chicken), since you can easily use the leftovers to throw these together. If you have picky eaters, you can easily skip the onions.
There are a ton of different types of BBQ sauce out there, and I chose to use a slightly thick and sweet one for this BBQ Chicken Flatbread- Sweet Baby Rays Original. Normally, I go to a mustard based or spicy sauce, but trust me, you’ll enjoy the sweet with this recipe.
Wish me luck with the hectic year of menu planning ahead. The best part about summer being over though….fall is coming🍂! What are your favorite quick recipes to make at this time of year?
- 3 oz cooked chicken tenderloin or breast
- 2 premade flatbreads, about 7-8 inch in diameter
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oz Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Optional green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Brush 1/8 cup BBQ sauce on to each flatbread.
- Sprinkle sliced onion and chicken on top of BBQ sauce, distributing evenly.
- Sprinkle Colby Jack cheese on top of flatbread, distributing evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with small amount of green onion. Slice each flatbread into 4 pieces.
- My favorite flatbread, and the one used and analyzed in this recipe is Toufayan brand Hearth Baked Hearty White Flat Bread.
- I usually use chicken tenderloins for recipes like this since they cook more quickly. I sprinkle mine with a bit of garlic salt and pepper and bake for about 20 minutes in 350 degree oven. Feel free to also use rotisserie chicken.
- Calories: 515, Protein: 28 g, Fat: 18.5 g, Carbohydrates: 58 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 18 g, Sodium: 870 mg, Saturated Fat: 7 g