Hooray for Spring! ….aka three weeks of not ungodly hot weather to do your yard work season. 😞 My husband and I have spent the last 2 Sundays (literally the entire day) doing yard work.
Now, we have a pretty standard size lot here in Florida. Most of the time, this lot seems fairly small…but while doing spring yard work, it might as well be 1,576 acres. During said yard work, I think I burn approximately 17,685 calories. Needless to say, once I drag my tired and dirty self in and take a shower, I am absolutely starving. FEED ME. NOW. 🍴
Once I eat and drink whatever is within arms reach, it’s time to make some dinner. Gotta replace those calories I burned! Enter Blackened Fish Tacos. These things are so tasty, so easy to make, and so satisfying. I used tilapia in the recipe as it is pretty widely available in grocery stores, but any white fish (cod, orange roughy, etc.) would work well. You can also customize how spicy it will be by increasing/decreasing the blackening seasoning or the Sriracha in the sour cream. If you have extra fish, go ahead and make some fish sandwiches tomorrow night!
Luckily, I think we only have a few more hours of yard work ahead of us. We need to get some more rocks for our beds (the kind that none of the stores around here seem to carry!), and we need to replace a poor Camellia tree that was hit by a falling fence during a random storm a few months ago. After that, our yard will be in perfect condition for Lauren’s upcoming baby shower BBQ!
Happy Yard Work Season! 🌸🌻🌺🌼
PS- have I mentioned how sore I am today?!
- 4 tbsp low fat sour cream
- 1 tsp Sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 dash salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 lb fresh tilapia or other white fish
- 8, 6 inch flour tortillas
- Shredded cabbage (I use pre-shredded coleslaw mix)
- Lime wedges
- Diced tomatos
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and place in refrigerator.
- Combine seasonings.
- Coat fish with seasoning mixture (to taste).
- Place sauté pan on burner over medium heat.
- Pour oil into pan and swirl around. Cook fish about 4 mins each side.
- Steam tortillas in microwave by placing a slightly damp paper towel over them on a plate. Heat for about 20 seconds. This will make them softer and more pliable.
- Spread about 1-2 tsp sauce on each tortilla. Use edge of spatula to split up fish and divide amongst tortillas.
- Top to your liking!
- Calories: 325, Protein: 23 g, Fat: 11 g, Carbohydrates: 33 g, Fiber: 1.25 g, Sugar: 1.25 g, Sodium: 714 mg, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g