Soooo….let me just start with, this glazed salmon with coconut rice recipe is DA BOMB. My husband and I just ate this as leftovers last night, and it was just as good as the day before when I made it. I love food like that. I started out with this recipe back a few years ago actually and every time I try to cook salmon a different way, I just keep coming back to this. The glaze on the salmon is the perfect combination of sweet, salty and savory that just gets complimented so well when you pair it with the coconut rice and avocado. Mmm Mmm. I’m salivating again just thinking about it. Let me just say that Kate isn’t the greatest fan of either curry or salmon, and she even admitted that it had great flavor. Heh – mission accomplished 😉
This whole meal can easily be made on a weeknight, and like I said earlier, tastes great leftover. For the coconut rice, I know coconut milk isn’t a regular item on the grocery list, but after you make this rice, that will probably change. I always make sure to have a can in my house since it really is the base for most curry dishes (which you will find out soon enough that I am a huge curry lover). As there are many brands of coconut milk, I wanted to share the one that I constantly rely on. Hokan Coconut Milk Lite is my go to, and it’s never let me down. It’s reasonably priced, low in fat, and tastes fantastic. It can be found in the International Foods aisle usually by the soy sauce and pad thai noodles. There are plenty of other brands that will work just as well, but I just wanted to share my personal favorite 🙂
For toppings, don’t forget to add the avocado, cilantro and lime, and for the spicy food lovers – sriracha for an extra kick! I’m really excited to hear what you think about this dish!
- 4 fresh salmon filets (about 1.5 lbs total)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 ripe avocado
- Toppings: fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, black pepper & sriracha (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, mustard, paprika, curry, pepper and lime juice together until a creamy paste forms.
- Brush on salmon filets using almost all of the mixture to coat them completely.
- Broil for 13-16 minutes or until they easily flake with fork and are light pink inside.
- Bring broth and coconut milk to a boil.
- Stir in rice, cover, reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Garnish salmon & rice with avocado slices, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, & sriracha as desired.
- Nutrition Information (includes salmon, approx 3/4 cup cooked rice, and 1/4 of the avocado)
- Calories: 565, Protein: 38 g, Fat: 24 g, Carbohydrates: 46 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugar: 4 g, Sodium: 317 mg, Saturated Fat: 7 g