These Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookies from Pillsbury are soft and chewy and just the right combo of citrusy flavors for springtime! 💛
It’s warm outside!! And these lemon poppy seed sugar cookies will be calling your name!! 😁😁 Can you tell I’m a little excited? I hope springtime is officially here for everyone now, because that winter was a rough one. The craving for warmer weather is almost as strong as my craving for more sleep these days. 😉 And don’t get me wrong, I happen to be very lucky having a 9 month old that sleeps through the night, but that 6 a.m. wake up call even on the weekends definitely starts to creep up on you when you think it’s an okay idea to stay up late just because its a Friday night.
Anyway, back to the important things like awesome weather and delicious lemon poppy seed sugar cookies. 🍋 Us Floridians are definitely experiencing a wee bit of beautiful weather here lately with temps in the low 80s and a nice breeze that’s juuuuust enough to keep you from crazy sweating in the sun. So, when we received free coupons and recipes from Pillsbury, in hoping that we might write about one of them, all it took was one look at this one for me to say YEP, I wanna make those! Not only were they super easy to make, but so delicious I bet even you non-lemon lovers would go back for seconds.
Although this is not my recipe, I have to admit, these lemon poppy seed sugar cookies were just divine. That vibrant lemon flavor with a hint of poppy seeds, it just screams refreshing like sitting by the pool with a large mojito in hand (ok maybe not quite), but extremely close. Let’s just say that normally I’ll bring leftover baked goods to work to share, and these just never made it. 🙊
We are huge lovers of Pillsbury over here if you haven’t noticed already, I mean, check out our other recipes using Pillsbury goodies:
- Our very first recipe on the blog right here!
- Brunch lovers – you might want to feast your eyes on some Sausage and Kale Quiche or maybe some Steak and Egg Biscuits!
With that being said, go grab a lawn chair, iced tea, magazine and some freshly baked lemon poppy seed sugar cookies and let’s enjoy this beautiful spring weather!
With love and lemons,
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 tbsp grated lemon peel (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line two large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. In large bowl, crumble cookie dough. Add lemon peel and poppy seeds; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; arrange 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are set and light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of the lemon juice, stirring well. Add additional lemon juice, 1 tsp at a time, mixing until drizzling consistency. Drizzle on top of cooled cookies; allow glaze to set 10 to 15 minutes.
- Calories: 105, Protein: 0 g, Fat: 4 g, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Fiber: 0 g, Sugar: 12 g, Sodium: 60 mg, Saturated Fat: 2 g