Let’s talk a little about obsessions. Food obsessions to be specific.
I have an obsession with maple syrup. Not to be confused with my obsession with curry. Or my obsession with avocados, shrimp or dark chocolate. Ok, so maybe I just have an obsession with food. I mean, that’s not completely a bad thing, right?
Now, you wouldn’t really know this from current recipes, and that’s probably because this is kind-of-sort-of a newer obsession discovery of mine. That brings us to these lovely Maple Cinnamon Plantains right here.
Yep, dessert of champions and a total obsession. Because you know, sometimes you just don’t feel like that huge piece of chocolate cake after dinner (wait, could that ever be true??) yet you still have that sweet tooth craving that won’t go away? This dessert is your perfect alternative.
Only 4 ingredients and just takes a little more than 4 minutes of your time. Fry up those plantains in a little bit of butter and then top with frozen yogurt, cinnamon and maple syrup. And, if you don’t have any frozen yogurt on hand, try it without. You would never believe how well plantains, cinnamon and maple syrup go together. Totally drooling right now. 😍
Speaking of drooling…remember my maple pecan granola back from a while ago? Well, let’s just say that I pretty much have this on hand AT. ALL. TIMES. You guessed it, another obsession.
I mean, can you argue with my other obsessions?
- Curry – How can you resist this delicious turkey burger with curry mayo?
- Avocados – You should definitely check out our classic guac.
- Shrimp – You totally need this tropical shrimp salad in your life.
- Dark Chocolate – These mint chocolate stout cake pops are diviiiiine.
- Food – Oh yeah, you just should probably just check out our recipes page in general. 😉
Well now that I’ve managed to speak 99% about my obsessions and 1% about these maple cinnamon plantains…they are delicious, you should make them, end of story. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large very ripe plantain
- 2 scoops vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Cut plantain diagonally into thick chunks or slices.
- Heat butter on medium in cast iron skillet and swirl around to coat all of pan.
- Place plantain pieces in skillet and cook until each side is a crispy golden brown.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt, a dash of cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 260, Protein: 29 g, Fat: 7 g, Carbohydrates: 52 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 33 g, Sodium: 86 mg, Saturated Fat: 4 g