So I won’t lie to you all when I say that the Super Bowl is pretty much the only time that I want to watch football…eeek…I know, I know. Don’t judge. Just between you and me, I think it’s really the idea of all my friends coming together and eating tons of delicious snacky food and drinking beer, all while enjoying each other’s company that I like the most. It’s the concept I love, plus of course, the commercials. 😉 I’ll admit that I’m a huge nerd when it comes to good design and advertising, so I’m all about seeing all the types of crazy commercials that they come up. So with that being said, I guess I do love a good Super Bowl party.
Now on to the important part…the FOOD on game day. 😃 😃 For those of you out there that are in need of a super duper simple appetizer, I present to you our Mexican Tortilla Bites! Super fast, super deelish, and so easy you could keep whipping them up throughout the game. Thanks to Tostitos and their awesome tortilla scoops, these were so easy to put together.
For the filling, combine all ingredients except the tortilla scoops and toppings in a small bowl. Place about a tablespoon of the filling in each tortilla scoop so its pretty much about to overflow (don’t worry, they will melt down as soon as they go in the oven)…
Broil for literally 2-3 minutes, and then top with your favorite ingredients and serve. I found that they tasted great topped with avocado, salsa and cilantro and my taste-tester husband agreed 😉 Feel free to get creative though, try them with sour cream, jalapeños, Sriracha, olives, MORE CHEESE…oooh it just keeps getting better and better!
Hope you have a Happy Super Bowl Sunday! 🏈
- 28 Tostitos Scoops tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, reduced sodium, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup canned corn, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 avocado, slightly mashed
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place scoops on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, cheese, cumin, and chili powder.
- Fill each scoop with about 1 tbsp of filling, or until scoop is completely full (contents will cook down a bit).
- Broil for 2-3 min until chips are slightly brown and cheese is melted.
- Top each tortilla bite with mashed avocado, salsa, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Calories: 165, Protein: 7 g, Fat: 10 g, Carbohydrates: 16 g, Fiber: 3.5 g, Sugar: 1.5 g, Sodium: 200 mg, Saturated Fat: 3 g