Parmesan Beef Meatballs recipe. Delicious lean beef meatballs flavored with parmesan and herbs that are quick, easy to make, and even easier to eat!
I’m a creature of habit.
Wake up, go to work, hang out with my cat (and husband), go to the gym (maybe), make dinner, make lunches, fold laundry, read, sleep 💤 …..anddd repeat.
I cook spaghetti and meat sauce at least once a month (probably more like twice, but I’m not sure I want to admit that!). My mom used to make this dinner a lot when I was a kid and it was perfect for busy nights that included piano lessons or softball practice for me and my twin sisters. My husband noticed my pattern pretty quickly, and as a result, he soon started requesting meatballs instead of meat sauce. While I’m not opposed to meatballs, making them really took this dinner from a 20 minute prep to about double or triple that. These Parmesan Beef Meatballs were born as the solution to that- satisfying, flavorful meatballs that are super quick and easy to make!
While I certainly believe that using a homemade sauce would make this recipe 10x better, I often reach for one of my favorite jarred sauces. Lets be honest, we don’t all have hours to make dinner every night. Also, in most of the country, its not exactly tomato season (cept for here in weirdo Florida!), so unless you were diligent and made and jarred/canned sauce over the summer, you’re outta luck!
While the meatballs are cooking, boil some whole grain pasta in your favorite shape (spaghetti for me!). Serve the meatballs and sauce over the pasta, garnish with some fresh basil and more parmesan, and voila! Dinner is served!
- 1.25 lb (20 oz) ground sirloin (90/10)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt, dash
- Cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll beef mixture into balls with about a 1.5-2 inch diameter.
- Spray large saute pan with cooking spray.
- Place meatballs in pan. Allow to brown slightly over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add your favorite tomato sauce, enough to fill bottom of the pan and coat meatballs lightly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Allow to simmer for about 10-12 additional minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve over spaghetti & enjoy!
- Recipe makes about 20 meatballs. If using Italian seasoned bread crumbs, reduce dry seasonings slightly.
- Calories: 267, Protein: 27 g, Fat: 13.5 g, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Fiber: less than 1 g, Sugar: less than 1 g, Sodium: 288 mg, Saturated Fat: 5.5 g