It’s fall, it’s fall, it’s FAAALLLLLL. Or at least today it is. 😉
I just got back from taking the pup on a walk and can I just say it was the nicest day out in a while here in Jacksonville. The sun was shining, there was a nice cool breeze, the humidity was low…have you painted a perfect picture yet? You would never know we just experienced a category 3 hurricane a couple days ago. Thank goodness it ended up turning slightly at the last minute and neither Kate nor I experienced any significant damage. #ThanksMatthew
Back to the fact that it’s finally fall. 🍃🍂 Though we may not quite need sweaters and boots here yet, that doesn’t mean that we can’t pretend like we have a change of seasons by cooking our favorite fall recipes like our Chicken Pot Pie, Green Soup and this Pumpkin Granola!
So, you remember our Maple Pecan Granola from last year around this time? Well, I’ve transformed that granola by using everyones favorite fall ingredient, PUMPKIN 🎃. Feel free to leave out the craisins if you please, but they really do add a nice tart flavor that goes well with the pumpkin and spices. It stores well in an airtight container for a couple weeks and can be used so many ways.
A few of my favorite ways to enjoy this pumpkin granola include:
- With vanilla yogurt (and topped with even more cinnamon)
- As cereal with almond milk (you know, when you run outta Cheerios)
- As topping on my oatmeal (and possibly a little drizzle of maple syrup)
- Spooning it out of the jar by itself while writing blog posts (my favorite way 😉)
So after you use part of that can of pumpkin for these Pumpkin Pancakes, whip up a batch of this Pumpkin Granola so none of it goes to waste. ☺️ You’re welcome, and Happy Fall everyone!
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 heaping tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), unsalted
- 1/2 cup craisins (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- Combine dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, salt, pumpkin seeds and craisins) in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (extract, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and oil) and mix well.
- Pour granola onto large baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 min, stirring every 8-10 min until mixture is dry.
- Makes about 2 cups granola.
- Calories: 46, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 1 g, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 4 g, Sodium: 6 mg, Saturated Fat: 0 g