Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Recipe. A sweet and salty Chex party mix perfect for your upcoming Halloween festivities!
It’s almost here! Just a few more days until the spookiest day of the year. Gotta be honest, Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday (sorry Lauren!). I truly hate being scared. I don’t like horror movies one little bit. When my husband convinces me to watch one, which isn’t often, my eyes are usually squinted or looking away from the screen about 95% of the time.
::Wheels coming to a screeeech:: This is Lauren cutting in real quick….Kate, um…what is this about not loving Halloween!?! I thought we were friends!? 😭😭😭😭
With that being said, I certainly don’t mind the food and party part of Halloween. Any excuse to eat and drink with friends! If you’re headed to a party this weekend, take an hour to whip up this Sweet & Salty Chex Mix or maybe even our Spooky Pretzels too. Chex Mix is certainly a holiday classic, but this version has an Autumn spin. Sprinkled with salt and decorated with sweet candy corn and Reese’s Pieces, this will give you that desirable sweet and salty kick!
You can make this mix your own if you prefer other mix-ins. M&M’s, other cereals, more pretzels, less cereal- it’s anything goes. For those of you looking for gluten free options, simply sub the pretzels for gluten free or maybe some Cheerios.
So, though Halloween isn’t my favorite, there are still some things I’m looking forward to. Lauren is having her annual costume party on Saturday, and then of course the cute trick or treaters on Monday (hopefully cute- no scary clowns please!!).
Anyone got an awesome costume this year? Please share- I’d love to hear how everyone is dressing up!
Have a happy and safe Halloween! 🎃👻
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels (twists)
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1/3 cup candy corn
- 1/3 cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pour both Chex cereals, pretzels, and peanuts into a large bowl.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter.
- Drizzle butter and honey over mixture. Mix to coat pieces evenly.
- Spread mixture out on baking sheet. Sprinkle salt over mixture.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to wax paper to cool.
- Once cooled, mix in candy corn and Reese's Pieces.
- Store in air tight container.
- Calories: 130, Protein: 2.5 g, Fat: 6 g, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 8 g, Sodium: 171 mg, Saturated Fat: 2 g