Ohhh my goodness, so much fun stuff coming up, where do I start?? Remember back in March when we posted about Kate’s Birthday Adventure? Well guess what?! We have another adventure coming up this week! Tomorrow in fact 🙂 We leave for the Keyyyyysss! Yep – a group of six of us are packin’ our bags, renting a car, and making the long trek (probably about an 8-9 hour drive) down there tomorrow and not comin’ back until next Tuesday. So pumped!
Summer is totally here, at least in Florida, which means not only fun beach vacations, but grilling season! I looovveee food on the grill. It’s such a great way to bring out all different flavors from all the food that you already love and enjoy. Plus, grilling just reminds me of hanging out with friends, being outside, delicious food and usually just all around a good time. Kate and I love grilling so much that we actually have a group get together every Sunday night and grill out. It’s sort of our way to end the weekend with a bang (as in lots of wine) and of course watch all of the latest addictions on television. Any Game of Thrones or Walking Dead fans out there? Hah – of course you are. So for the past month I’ve been bringing over these Turkey Burgers with Curry Mayo for our Sunday night grill outs and boy, I swear they got tastier every time I made them.
You know when you just want something a little bit lighter than a traditional hamburger on the grill? Well these turkey burgers are just the right substitute. 🙂 Not only do they taste great, but they even have veggies IN them! YES, IN THEM! Since turkey is less greasy than regular ground beef, I added zucchini into the actual burger patties to add in a little more moisture. Those of you freaking out because you have green in your burger…trust me when I say you cannot even taste it! It helps keep them together as well as makes them juicy and delicious.
Need some sides to go with your turkey burgers? Our oven roasted red potatoes would go great along with these! Now, who’s bringing the fruit salad and adult beverages??
I hope everyone can get out, enjoy some sunshine and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
- 1.25 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 2 scallions, chopped small (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper, dash
- 4 hamburger buns
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato and avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- Preheat grill on medium.
- Tear four pieces of foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine all burger ingredients (aside from buns and optional toppings) in a medium bowl.
- Form into four large burgers, wrapping each in a piece of the sprayed foil.
- Place wrapped burgers on grill and flip back and forth every 2 minutes or so for about 8-10 minutes or until they look like they are staying together.
- Remove the foil and grill an additional five minutes or until the centers are 150 degrees F.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, avocado and curry mayo (all optional but highly recommended!)
- In a small bowl, stir together curry powder and mayo until combined.
- Curry powder is pretty strong, so feel free to not add as much to the mayo if you would like it a little lighter.
- Calories: 460, Protein: 29 g, Fat: 23 g, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 5 g, Sodium: 550 mg, Saturated Fat: 5 g